12 Best Garden Hose Filter | Make Your Water Safer
You know it matters when you look for ways to shape your garden to what you want it to be. When shopping for a garden hose filter, you may want to get one that makes gardening easier & safer.
We are aware you need what will improve your life and make it more comfortable in your daily endeavors in the garden.
That is why we have brought you a comprehensive guide to the best garden hose filters.
- Top Garden Hose Filter Review
- 1 | LOVHO Sediment Filter Attachment Garden Hose
- 2 | Camco 40043 TastePure RV/Marine Water Filter
- 3 | Camco 40045 TastePURE Water Hose Filter
- 4 | Camco GardenPURE Carbon Water Hose Filter
- 5 | HuaYao 2Pack Sediment Filter Attachment
- 6 | AQUA CREST RV Inline Water Filter
- 7 | Clean Water Garden Hose Filter
- 8 | AQUA PURA 5-Stage Pre-Filter Garden Hose Attachmentner Garden
- 9 | Culligan RV-800 Exterior Pre-Tank Water Filter with Hose
- 10 | SHURFLO RV-10UC-A WaterGuard 10" Filter Housing
- 11 | HydroLogic GroGreen Garden Hose Water Filter
- 12 | Woder WD-10K-Port Portable Filter
- Why a Garden Hose Filter?
- Is it Safe to Drink out of Water Hose?
- Why Do You Want to Water Your Garden With a Garden Hose Filter?
- Can a Garden Hose Filter Make the Difference?
- Final Thoughts
- Related Questions
Green thumb Gardener occasionally links to product and/or services offered by vendors to assist you with all your gardening needs. Some of these may be affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission if items are purchased.
AQUA CREST RV Inline Water Hose Filter
100 micron filter
LOVHO Sediment Garden Hose Filter
40 Mesh Screen
Camco 40043 TastePure RV/Marine Water Filter
20 micron filter
Camco 40045 TastePURE Water Hose Filter
20 micron filter
Camco GardenPURE Carbon Water Hose Filter
100 micron filter
HuaYao 2Pack Sediment Filter Attachment
Clean Water Garden Hose Filter
Filter up to 10k gallons
AQUA PURA 5-Stage Pre-Filter Garden Hose
5 Stage Filter
Culligan RV-800 Water Filter
Filter up to 2k gallons
SHURFLO RV-10UC-A WaterGuard 10" Filter
Easy to Replace Filters
HydroLogic GroGreen Garden Hose Water Filter
Woder WD-10K-Port Portable Filter
Top Garden Hose Filter Review
- Easy to maintain hose filter
- Gives you a chance to examine the clarity of water with its see-through reservoir
- Extra materials used that prevent leakage or seepage
- Fits perfectly to a standard garden hose, pressure washer inlet or water spigot
- Does not filter out viruses
- Not environmental friendly
- Easy installation
- Higher water flow rate
- Streamlined water flow its great inline design
- Prevents hose from crimping at the faucet
- You can attach the filter to any standard garden hose as well as a water hose
- Rarely obtains spot-free rinse
- Fit any standard hose and water hose
- Improves the taste of your water
- Has a wide-body design
- Easy to assemble
- Rarely obtains spot-free rinse
- Great for aeroponic gardening system
- Affordable price with great features
- Directly attaches to any standard garden hose
- Produces safe drinking water for animals
- Easy to connect to the garden hose with no assembly required
- It is not meant for ponds or fish tanks
- It is cost-friendly
- Made of durable material
- Has multiple uses
- Environmentally friendly
- Not safe for human drinking
- The filter is environmentally friendly
- Guarantees high efficient filtration
- Ensures leak-free fit
- It is easy to connect to a faucet or a garden hose
- Does not allow leach back of contaminants into the filtered water
- Supports drinking water
- Clogging issues arise after some time of use
- You can attach the filter to any standard garden hose
- Made with a sturdy catalytic carbon material
- Undergoes through advanced filtering
- Not fit for fish tanks or ponds use
- Requires extra attachments to boost its functionality
- It is easy to use
- Its design and material used guarantees durability
- Softens hard water
- Water passes through a thorough filtration process
- Has threads only on the inlet side
- Efficient hose filter
- Easy to install
- It is portable for water filtration
- Short filter life compared to most filters we reviewed
- Easy to install
- Allows for easy winterizing
- Approved for safe drinking water
- Shows some leaking issues when using it the first time.
- Environmentally friendly
- Invigorates compost, soil amendments, and bio-teas
- Boast of long life filtering of up to 8000 gallons.
- Has reduced water pressure
- Capable of doing selective filtration
- Safe for human, and animals drinking
- Cuts cost on going for bottled water with the provision of essential minerals
- Environment friendly
- Fits perfectly to any outdoor faucet
- It is expensive
Why a Garden Hose Filter?
There are several options you can use in filtering water in your garden. When it comes to deciding on the best method of filtration, you will always consider specific considerations, especially if you know what you want out of a garden water filter.
But it could be different if you are a newbie in gardening. With several tap water filter methods, you may get worried and confused about which way you can use to ensure quality water for your garden plants.
Read on to learn about garden hose filters.
A primary garden hose filter contains a standard housing that effectively filters water with the help of cartridges.
Several benefits come with a garden hose filter. You will find this hose filter essential in filtering out the sediments if you have access to well water.
You will also choose the garden hose filter if you care about avoiding infections to your plants. Think about how a garden hose filter can economically cut the cost of treating your plants.
The water filter removes viruses and bacteria that could be present in water. In the long run, it can also prevent the death of your plants that can be caused by these harmful organisms.
Above all, the garden hose water filter is excellent for removing iron, reducing the amount of chlorine, and raising the pH of acidic water. Some impurities like iron and excess chlorine affect the balance between the salts and water in the plant and the surrounding roots.
This may affect the consistent growth of your plants. Acidic water, on the other hand, may lead to the wilting of the plant.
Garden hose filters will improve the quality of water in the garden, increase the size of your crops, and reduce the number of plants that may die as a result of a blocked root system.
You will find a garden hose filter helpful if you have issues with the inconsistency of the growth and lack of vibrancy in your garden.
You will find a garden hose water filter helpful if you have issues with the inconsistency of the growth and lack of vibrancy in your garden. #gardentips, #allotment, #gardening
Is it Safe to Drink out of Water Hose?
Although the garden hose water filter effectively removes impurities and unwanted chemicals from the water, most of them are not safe for drinking.
There are several risks attached to hose water.
According to a study conducted on common garden hoses, it was found out that several toxins exhibit the garden hose.
These chemicals include:
Lead - A garden hose has high levels of lead more than that which is set by the Safe Water Drinking Act. It is believed that even small amounts of lead can be harmful to your health, and thus there is no safe limit for it.
BPA - You can find BPA in plastic wares. It can be dangerous drinking from garden hose keeping in mind the presence of this component.
When you expose plastic wares to the sun's heat, it will react with the sun, leading to the formation of this harmful chemical.
When you expose your garden hose to the sun's heat, it may react with the water inside, contaminating it. This chemical is responsible for the rising blood pressure in humans if consumed.
Phthalates - These chemicals are essential in the manufacturing of cosmetic and plastic products. Most of the water hoses and PVC hoses contain this component.
Water from these types of hoses may cause damage to the endocrine system, behavioral changes, and lowering of intelligence.
Antimony - Also, studies show that the garden hose may contain antimony. These chemicals can cause liver issues, kidney failure, as well as other internal organ problems.
Although the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) tests for impurities in various drinking water supplies, the liquid traveling through it may still not be perfect for drinking.
Although the water may look clear, you will find it rewarding going back to your house and grabbing your glass of clean water.
If you still want to consider drinking from the garden hose, go for the specific hose that the manufacturer labels “drinking water safe."
You may also want to look into a reverse osmosis water filter to make it safer to drink as that will remove all impurities from the city water.
Why Do You Want to Water Your Garden With a Garden Hose Filter?
Water and light are two primary components that are vital for the survival of plants.
In most cases, we can determine the amount and quality of water that we feed our plants in the garden.
Like any other living thing, plants need friendly water free of harsh minerals and artificial chemicals for proper growth.
Watering your plants directly without water filtration can be useful for avoiding wilting but could cause more harm than good to your plant.
Can a Garden Hose Filter Make the Difference?
There are several dangers of watering your plants without water filtration. It affects the viability of your garden for an extended period and poses a risk to the consumers of that garden produce.
It is convenient and cheap to use tap water from your garden hoses. Some people may think that since the tap water is safe for humans, plants will also be safe.
In most cases, city water is chlorinated to kill microorganisms, making it save for human consumption. But when it comes to plants, chlorinated tap water will affect your plants negatively.
The Environmental Working Group conducted a study where they found out that city water contains more than 50 percent pollutants that are not regulated.
These can harm your health if you are growing vegetables in your garden.
When it comes to plants, chlorinated water will affect your plants negatively. #gardentips, #allotment, #gardening
Besides, watering your garden with a garden hose filter will prevent a buildup of excess minerals in your garden. These minerals, such as magnesium and calcium, naturally exhibit several areas.
Watering your plants with unfiltered water may give room for these extra minerals, which may hinder the plants from taking up the useful minerals.
Garden hose filters will also prevent salt build. This could be as a result of watering with too soft water that is treated with sodium chloride. This may eventually lead to growth problems of the plants in your garden.
Want to Download a Garden Hack Guide for FREE
Enter your email below and we will send you a guide to help you SAVE money in your garden.
Our reviews comprise the best hose filter you find in the market today. Thorough research was done to ensure we bring you worthy filters with primary use in the garden.
However, some can be used for other purposes such as filtering water for car cleaning, boats, and camping, among others.
Also, some of the filters can be attached to recreational vehicles.
Above all, we have also brought you some filters coming with a garden hose, and that supports safe water drinking for human beings and animals.
Our choice is the AQUA CREST RV Inline Water Filter.
Is a reverse osmosis hose filter necessary for water filtration?
For your gardens, No. For drinking, that type of filter would help remove all impurities that other filters may not remove.