How Long Do Strawberries Last | Best Storage Tips
Last updated: 02/04/20
When you hear the name of strawberries, you think of the roundish fruit that you drop in your mouth and savor its delicious taste. We get so engrossed in eating it we usually don’t bother to ask how long do strawberries last.
Strawberries are a delicate fruit that does not have a long shelf life.
Strawberries can be preserved and enjoyed for longer periods if you take caution about the methods that you choose to store it.
|Storage Method||Shelf Life|
|Room Temperature||2-3 days|
|Cooked Strawberries||5 – 7 Days|
|Frozen Strawberries||6-12 months|
|Pickled Strawberries||2-3 weeks|
- Properly stored strawberries will last 2-3 days at room temperature.
- Freshly harvested strawberries will last for 1-2 weeks in the fridge.
- Cooked strawberries will last for approximately 5-7 days in the fridge.
- Frozen strawberries will last for 6-12 months in the freezer.
- Pickled strawberries last for about 2 weeks if pickled, canned, and stored in a refrigerator properly.
You will discover the shelf life of strawberries, plus learn some tips on how to make strawberries last longer.
As always, use your best judgment when trying to determine when something is no longer edible or safe to eat.